rachelblogs

Rachel Blogs

Welcome to my Rachel Blogs on Booklikes. You can find all of my book reviews here. Find my blog blog at rachelblogs.com

Leaving Ordinary: Encounter God Through Extraordinary Prayer
Progress: 8 %
Lola XOXO, Vol. 1
Siya Oum
Progress: 16 %
Psalms, 1-72 (Journibles: the 17:18 Series)
Robert M. Wynalda
The 5th Wave
Rick Yancey
Progress: 156/457 pages

Percy Jackson's Greek Gods

Percy Jackson's Greek Gods - Rick Riordan, John Rocco I was super super pumped for this book, mostly because I love Greek Mythology, and also because, well I love Percy Jackson. Although I will say I didn't expect this book to be so big in size. I think that's part of the reason why it ended up taking me awhile to get through, it was hard to just sit and read it, as it had to stay in my lap most of the time.

The content in this book was amazing, and I wish that I had it when I taught Percy Jackson for the first time. It would be amazing to use it in conjunction, especially with one of the activities where the groups were divided to research the Greek gods. It's amazing that now I could easily make it cohesive. Percy Jackson book, and Percy Jackson talking about the Gods.

The illustrations are seriously breathtaking. Once I get my own apartment, I, no lie, plan on buying this book again so I can rip out the pictures and frame them. Sure, some of them are dark, but they're seriously so breathtakingly beautiful that I can't stand it.

Overall, easy read. Sometimes a little heavy, especially for middle readers, but I would probably recommend this before any other mythos book.

Also I now own my first coffee table book and I feel very adult.

The Reading Picnic | Leafmarks | The Reading Room | Booklikes | Twitter